Monday, January 3, 2011

Turquoise Chunky Candle Holdrers

Found these in my stash of little things that could use some paint. I don't have a before pic but they are made of wood and have great carved detail. I used left over turquoise paint from the recycled window project and fabric from the vanity redo which was my first sale in my new Etsy shop:) 

I had a couple of candles laying around after all I have some hoarding tendencies. They were the perfect fit  for the holders. I used Delta Candle Medium and brushed it on the area where I was placing the fabric. This stuff is typically used when you want to paint on candles or soap. Something I have never done yet somehow seem to own. Maybe I really am a hoarder, hmmm. I sprayed the fabric with adhesive and attached to the candle. Too easy and turns an ordinary candle into a pretty fabulous candle. 
You may not be seeing me for a while because I plan to brave the cold and get started on this happy CL find. Just not sure of the color yet, any suggestions? Thinkin' pale pink w/ those wood carving thingies or maybe a pale robin's egg blue and heavily distressed.


Linking up here...
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/2011/01/show-and-tell-friday.html


Get your craft on Thurs.

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/
Photobucket



http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Chrissie said...

Lovin' those turquoise candlesticks. I think your dresser would be beautiful in either color. I can't wait to see the finished piece, I know it will be fabulous!

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

Im a bit of a sucker for blues so I would vote for the robin's egg. My sweetie and I are on a "blue kick" in our new home!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know the kind of candle holders you're talking about. These turned out gorgeous! Love to see your creativity flowing. I just don't know how you get so many things painted. Crazy good! I would love to see the dresser in a pale pink. I'm working on one in pink, soon. We could be twinkies :)

Be well! xx~ Michelle

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I've been reading some of your posts and I so loved the cherry table that you refinished in the blue/gray paint, really nice!
I'm now a follower and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your great projects!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

I love the color and glazing of the candle holders! The fabric around the candles is sooo sweet!

That dresser is going to be awesome!

Anonymous said...

Those candlesticks are gorgeous! I want some!
I can't wait to see what you do with your dresser too.
Megs :D

Anonymous said...

love the candle holders! they match my table...great job and so funny, but the blue/white fabric I did a lampshade and seat cushion for a client in and always loved that fabric.

Nicole@thiscreativeadventure said...

Thanks for the comment on my chair. Going bold is scary so it's nice to hear when it is well received. I would love to see the dresser blue but then again I am in a bit of a blue period myself. Pink would be gorgeous for a little girl or in my dream closet. Can't wait to see the reveal!

Donna said...

I love your candle holders! I've been going crazy with the turquoise paint, too! Such a cheery color!

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

I love this! Love turquoise, too.
I did not know of a product like Delta Candle medium...hmmm. Now you have got me thinking...

Debra@Dejarenew.blogspot.com said...

Hi darlin! thanks for coming by my blog and joining me. Well not sure if you joined me lol! But you left wonderful comments. I really love what you did with the candle holders. Did you paint the glaze technique in with a paint brush? I often use Deco Art black to get this look as well. I thought maybe we have that in common. I thought it was my little secret but it seems there are other lol! Gonna tool around your blog.

Rock and roll sister!
Deb
www.dejarenew.blogspot.com