Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Chrissie Knock Off

Can't seem to find my way away from the blue gray color. This was an oops paint I found on a Home Depot run and naturally I grabbed it. Who wouldn't for 50 cents? I've had this curvy side table sitting in my garage and since it's too cold to paint out there, I dragged it down to my "happy place"...my basement. Chrissie did this one a while back and I just loved how it turned out so I copied her. Right down to the metallic glaze and satin nickle pulls. Love that silver metallic glaze. It gives the slightest shimmer and looks great on blue/gray paint. If you haven't checked out Chrissie's Collections, you don't know what you're missing!

Before
AFTER


Thanks Chrissie for the inspiration!!

Linking up here...

http://romantichome.blogspot.com/2011/01/show-and-tell-friday.html
Domestically Speaking







Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

13 comments:

Chrissie said...

Sue, your table looks so pretty!That metallic glaze is fabulous.Our tables would make a pretty pair! Thanks for linking back to me!

Anonymous said...

It's just beautiful! Love the silver glaze and the color! You just can't beat the price of oops paint. I'm looking for a French styled table to try this treatment. You and Chrissie do awesome work!

Have a great night! xx

Allison@FabRehab said...

Love it!! Chrissie is such inspiration, no? Love your version too!

Leo said...

I really like this - it came out great and the color looks beautiful!!

Tara Lauren said...

It looks wonderful! The metallic glaze is fab!

Katy said...

I love your blog! anytime I find another single mom with interests like mine, I feel the need to stalk...er..."follow"! ha ha ;)

love the table!

Sherry Hicks said...

This is beautiful!! It really brought out the beautiful french lines of the table!
Sherry

satrioservice said...

Sue, you have great talent. What kind of wooden timber use for chest drawer. Actually I have been producing 4 bedside such like your product for my canada partner. But I have saw your product and it give me more inspiration for painted style.

Nice to visit your blog
Regards
Mahogany Furniture Supplier

. said...

It looks fantastic!! The color and glaze are perfect! :)

I have a table like this I 'removed' from the curb. It's been sitting in my garage for months waiting for me to refinish it. :\

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

It turned out so pretty! You are one busy lady!

Honey at 2805 said...

Nice job on the table!

Gayle said...

Wow! I LOVE IT!! I don't know how you get it to look so smooth and nice.

Gayle said...

Wow! I LOVE IT!! I don't know how you get it to look so smooth and nice.