Monday, July 11, 2011

Drop Leaf Table

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I spent mine in Boston for my son's college orientation. He will be going to Northeastern but studying his first semester in Ireland. I'm nervous about him being so far away but hear Ireland is a wonderful place. Has anyone ever been? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Now onto this cute drop leaf table. The guy selling them had 2 and I was an idiot and only grabbed one. If I told you what I paid for it, you would say I'm an idiot too.
I started sanding and then remembered to take a pic.


Restained in walnut and painted my favorite shade of blue then glazed in charcoal.

Linking up here...






5 comments:

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

How exciting for your son! The table looks so pretty!

My Cottage Charm said...

Hey Sue! I'm glad you liked the idea of using the drawers under the bed, it sure did save us a ton of room in his tiny little bedroom. He has a desk, chair and bookshelf now, instead of a dresser...he likes it SO much better!
Your table is SO cute...I'm sure you're very sad you didn't get them both. lol!
Congrats to your son for getting to study in Ireland..how exciting! I've never been, but would love to go.
Have a great day
missy

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

The table is charming! Love the color.

Eileen said...

That table is a treasure. i love the color you chose for it. It looks adorable. Oh my there were 2 of them? So, so cute.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Sue, it looks fabulous.Someone just commented on my sight that tiffany blue and brown are this seasons hot colors....You are ahead of the curve!

Carol