Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Aqua Magazine Rack Table

So much turquoise and aqua going on in blog land and I just love it! Picked up a 50 cent can of oops paint at HD. It was little on the bright side so I toned it down with a touch of charcoal craft paint. To tone down a color your best bets are brown or black...just a little at a time until you get the desired shade. Black works best with cold colors and brown for warm colors. Distressed and glazed it and now I am deciding whether or not to mosaic the top with some rose china....decisions, decisions!
BEFORE


AFTER

I"m linking to
http://primitiveandproper.blogspot.com/2010/10/piece-of-work-wednesday-link-party.html

9 comments:

Chrissie said...

It looks beautiful. I love the color. Mosaic would be lovely but its nice without too.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it looks gorgeous! i love those details in the corners of the tabletop- the antiquing really brings that out. looks awesome!

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

I would leave it as is. Good tip on toning down the color. It's a cute little piece!

Kim @ Second Time Furniture said...

What a cute little table! Fun color!

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Lovely lovely! Great tip on the paint tinting!

XO
Lenore

Debbie said...

This is lovely Sue...great color choice, and it is very functional too. I have a couple neat parties over at my blog.....every Friday a thrift party, and then every other Wed. a before and after party. I would love for you to join me.

oops! said...

Aqua is my new favorite color, so your magazine Rack Table caught my eye! I love it!

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

Ohh so pretty! I love the color aqua color you mixed. I also think it looks fantastic as is and I like the circular detailing on the top. Beautiful job Sue!

Blogger said...

There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting world.

It has been said that any bettor must watch this,

Watch this or stop placing bets on sports...

Sports Cash System - Automated Sports Betting Software.