Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blue and White Mosaic Side Table

When I look back I think I must have been out of mind to have picked up this little beauty. I think it was just one of those moments where ya just can't find anything else and desperation kicks in. God forbid I should leave the flea market with nothing. Silly I know, but it just feels like a terrific waste of time if I go home empty handed. So home it came. Lovely right?



 This was after I applied citra strip to remove a thick coat of chippy, creamy white paint. Stripping turned legs is simply no fun.  That "what was I thinking" moment creeps in again.
  This is what the drawer front looked like halfway through the stripping process. All together now, ""what was she thinking"????


 Finally after this little guy sat in my garage sucking up space for months I decided to paint it bright white and started collecting blue and white china plates to cover the top. I just love this piece now. Blue and white are one of my fave color combos.....crisp and clean! Look at her now...



I'm linking to...

Photobucket



Furniture Feature Fridays
http://primitiveandproper.blogspot.com/2010/09/piece-of-work-wednesday-link-party_28.htm


Life as Lori



10 comments:

A Southern Rose said...

This is beautiful! You are so talented. I would've brought this little table home too. Now you have brought her back to life. :)

Cassie Bustamante said...

gorgeous! mosaics are hard work- you have some serious talent and patience! thanks for joining my party!

Chrissie said...

This is beautiful .I love blue and white together,you did a beautiful job!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

What a pretty table! I love blue and white, so classic!

Coloradolady said...

This turned out beautifully. I want to try this on a table I have too, but so far, have not. Loved yours. Have a great VTT!

Unknown said...

Love love love the blue and white! You did a beautiful job! Fabulous transformation! I adore it!

Cheers!
Tina

Unknown said...

Stunning!!! Blue and white is my all time favorite and I saw you table on Miss Mustard Seed's blog and had to come over and take a peek. Well done!!! That was a heck of a lot of work.
xo
lynn

Unknown said...

I love blue and white china, and white furniture too, and this little table has both! Adorable. Looks like lots of work though, but the results are worth it.

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

Wow, Sue! What a talent you have. That turned out amazing! I love the blue and white too.

Debra@Dejarenew.blogspot.com said...

Love this Sue. You are a great artist! I so have a mosaic table on my to do list. But first I must finish the unfinished around here :) Love your work girl.