Thursday, September 26, 2013

French Provincials....My Favorite!

 I've  been super lucky finding French Provincial pieces lately. I worked on these during the week. The first was a custom order. It was in crazy great shape when I found it but a little too shiny for my taste.


I sanded back the top w/ my orbital to "naked" wood and stained it in Minwax Provincial. Followed up with several applications of Wipe On Polyurethane. 
 Time for a new camera. That dark spot is always front and center. Painted in a mix of Paris Gray w/ a touch of Aubusson and clear waxed.
 The pulls are dry brushed with old white. I love this look!

                             This one is waiting for its new home and listed in my Etsy shop. I can totally see this in a baby's nursery. Done in Paris Gray and Old White. 




I really loved working on both of these. They were clean with no repairs to be made. I said in my last post, I'm staying away from stuff that needs a ton of TLC before the painting begins and I am sticking to it!

Thanks for popping in, Sue



Linking up here....

 Furniture Feature Fridays

8 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

they are both wonderful. Love the stripes on the bottom of the second one. another great makeover!

RPK Interiors said...

I've popped in from MMS. Love, love, love French styled pieces and you've transformed both of these beautifully! Thanks for sharing your paint 'recipe' of Paris Gray & Aubusson.
Robin

Anne said...

Totally love the stripes on the bottom of the dresser. Nicely done.
Anne

Anonymous said...

You have done a wonderful job on the pieces. That being said, heck, I even thought the "before" pictures of the first dresser was gorgeous, lol!

Rachel with Shades of Blue said...

Oh my goodness Sue! So pretty! I kinda love French Provençal pieces in gray and white! I think they look the classiest! Also, tell me more about this quick wood! I've never heard of it! Can you carve off edges? It sounds like a better option if it has a more "woody" composition!

Unknown said...

HI Sue...I just dropped over from MMS FFF. Beautiful piece. Loved how you added the touches of white on the trim and knobs.

Cardinham | Killgrew said...

I love the striping on the bottom edge. Beautiful off accent, well done.

Euro-Chic Soaps, Lotions and Bath Bombs

Unknown said...

Really wonderful designs of furniture.Furniture looks really classy. Having matching furniture is highly important for a beautiful and well structured home.