Thursday, September 12, 2013

French Country Provincial

I'm a little obsessed with French Provincial these days. I had some left over paint from this piece. The one I stole my boyfriend's knobs off of his vanity for...no shame! It sold quickly so I decided to do another one in the same color scheme.....Aubusson and Graphite mix with accents of Old White minus the five fingered knobs.

 These pieces were a joy to work on because they were in near perfect condition. I have decided I'm done with pieces that need a ton of work before the fun part begins. Maybe it's just the humidity?


Unfortunately no before pics, ugh, not happy! But here's the other one.



I used a new to me wax on this, Fiddes and Sons, and loved it! I found it glided on super smooth with no "haze" that I sometimes find with using Annie Sloan's clear wax on dark pieces. Don't get me wrong, I love that wax too but for darker colors this will be my new go to.


 The interior is spotless and I love the wood against the slate blue!
I also did up the matching nightstand too!



Happy weekend and hopefully happy flea market and estate sale finds!!


Linking up here....

Elizabeth and Co.



 Furniture Feature Fridays

6 comments:

Susan @ SunflowerHugs said...

This piece is absolutely gorgeous!

Unknown said...

What a fantastic transformation !!!
I love french provincial too - what an amazing job you did - she just " purrs " now !
Have a great wknd
Hugs,
Suzan

Wendy@Sometimes Twice said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. The color is fantastic!!!!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Just gorgeous!

bec said...

great job..happy to have found your blog!
Bec x