Thursday, May 3, 2012

Spring Green!!!

Oh am I coming out of my little blue gray shell or what? Ya ready for a little Spring Green??? I wasn't but the woman who wanted these painted was. Once I saw her two inspiration pics though I was sold. One I recognized right away....a Chrissie piece,  The other, dubbed The Appletini by Monica @ Decorating Insanity. How is that for awesome inspiration! Here's the set she wanted painted which I found on CL only 5 minutes from the train station I was dropping my son off at on his way back to college after Spring break.
                                                                           
   Painted BM Paradise Hills Green, glazed in Espresso and the tops were stained English Chestnut. I was super careful when sanding down the tops because the veneer on these was very thin. One false move and no stained tops for you, ha! Seriously though, I probably would have cried if I went through the veneer.



                                                                          Linking up here...      

                                                                             

11 comments:

Colleen said...

Amazing results Sue, that set is so much better now!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Oh how pretty! I love the green!

Unknown said...

The green is lovely and so unexpected. I would love to see how the green looks in the room.

Chrissie said...

Love them!I can usually pick your pieces in an instant. These surprised me! Gorgeous as usual!

Scribbler said...

I like this a lot! Visiting from Miss Mustard Seed.

Did you use Aura paint? or the regular. I like BM paint very much.

Allison@FabRehab said...

So pretty. Not too bright, not too muted. LOVE!

Michelle said...

Wow, what a pop of color! That is a beautiful green, the perfect shade for shabby chic. Love it!:)

Susan said...

Love them! Great pop of color! - Susan

michele said...

loving the transformation! from ho hum to YEAH, BABY!

come visit my blog anytime!

michele
http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

I love the set, and the green! Great job!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my guest post over at Redoux! Funny, people call me Elizabeth all the time. It makes me smile! ... Hope you come by and join our link party sometime. I love your work Sue, you are definitely inspiring!