Thursday, May 17, 2012

Back to Blue Gray :)

Back in my blue gray box again :) I've been searching for a desk like this to match a dresser I painted for a woman a while back. CL came through as usual! Plus I bought the matching dresser too. The top on that one can't be stained because of a big old gauge through the veneer which completely bums me out.
Big hot mess in the garage...ya like that toilet bowl plunger prop, don't ya? 

It even came w/ a matching bench. I didn't use the bench because the woman who I painted it for preferred a chair and it just so happens, I had the perfect one just waiting.


Painted my favorite blue gray and glazed in charcoal. I sanded down the top and then stained w/ Minwax Dark Walnut and applied countless layers of wipe on polyurethane. The pulls were sprayed w/ Rustoleum Dark Walnut.



And look at me labeling my pics. I've been using picmonkey photo editing since Picnic is no longer. Simple and easy to use.

Off to paint the chair and drag this back into the garage.

Linking up here...








 



The Shabby Nest
 href="http://romantichome.blogspot.com/">

6 comments:

Trudy Holtz said...

Great color! Shame she didn't want the bench, it's cute!
~Trudy http://thriftscore42.blogspot.com/

Lauren said...

I think I've seen about 15 upcycled furniture posts in the past couple of days... it's really making me want to revamp a piece of furniture I have in my living room. I'm SO nervous about it not turning out the way I envision it, though... Going to be perusing your blog for some ideas.

I would love it if you’d stop by and share at my first link party, Off the Hook:
http://daisycottagedesigns.blogspot.com/2012/05/introducing-off-hook-1.html

Katy said...

I love it, never get tired of the blue gray on the right piece!

my toilet plunger is always nestled next to important things in the garage. lol

Cassie Bustamante said...

beautiful!! i love that color and the wood top!!!

Unknown said...

I love this... such a pretty color with the stained wood top... gorgeous! I'd love for you to link it up at my party... http://www.doodlesandstitches.com/2012/05/fabulous-friday-link-party_25.html Thanks for sharing!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

So pretty! I love the rich wood top and what a great color!