Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bye Bye Cows


Do your well meaning friends give you furniture castoffs?? Do you graciously accept anything?  How nice it was that they thought of you in the first place regardless of the undesirable they are about to hand you. You smile, thank them and think silently...are you kidding me? Which brings me to this. Free for me, friends!
Touch jealous, are ya??? 
Close up of the happy cows who are about to meet their demise w/ a can of primer.
 My friend Dave who owns a box company gave this to me. I met him while looking for boxes to ship the things I sell on Etsy. He's great....I call him, give him the size of furniture and he finds the perfect box. If there isn't one he cuts it for a perfect fit. Saving my buyer $ on shipping and potentially not squashing a sale for me. So I happily accepted the cow thing and was super happy when he also gave me this table. Loved that table.

I spray primed them because I was going to use burlap and didn't want their smiling faces peeking through.
 Painted the cabinet black, added some new pulls and covered the cabinet fronts in burlap and added my favorite French stencil.



                                           So much better if I do say so myself :) Not like I have anything against cows, ya know.

Linking up here...




 









 









 Redoux

6 comments:

Ann said...

Wow! This is a fantastic makeover. The stenciled inserts are the perfect touch.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

I absolutely love your new cabinet re-do...just gorgeous! Unique and beautifully decorated. I am
impressed. Thanks for sharing. I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well on my blog at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com Hugs, Gayle.

Cynthia said...

That is such a great update! It hardly looks like the same piece! Love it!

Maureen said...

Who knew! Such a great redo.

Alison said...

Wow, that's great - really awesome job!

Stephanie @ The Cozy Old Farmhouse said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my vintage table makeover. I just perused through your blog and you've got some really great makeovers here! I particularly like this one. You had great vision to be able to see past those 80's style cows. : ) Nice work.