Friday, January 27, 2012

Me Again...Doin' the Blue Gray Dresser Thing

Don't we all have our go to color? This was another CL find from a couple I have bought from before and instantly connected with. Love that! Did I anticipate being there for an hour yapping, yes. Did I anticipate 2 hours, no. But it was nice hanging out having coffee w/ a down to earth couple I felt like I have known for forever. If you're reading this George and Robin, yes, I'm talkin' about you.
This has an awesome mirror that goes with it that I was too lazy to drag out to take a pic of. I sanded the top down which happily took all of about 20 minutes....love when it is that easy. No strippers needed.
Sanded, spray primed, painted and glazed. Quick word on glazing. Glaze really tones a color down so don't be concerned if your paint seems to be in your face. See what I mean... 
Cold colors look way better glazed in black/charcoal. Warm colors, glaze in brown/burnt umber. Just my 2 cents.
I stripped the frame around the mirror too. That took a bit more time but still came off easily enough even in the recessed areas.

Stained it all in Dark Walnut but you knew that already, didn't you?






Linking up here....
com


DomesticallySpeaking















Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special





14 comments:

Twice Nice said...

Gorgeous color! It's good to have a go to color like that!

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

OOOH that came out great. Love the color. This Winter has lots of us inside doing a little painting doesn't it:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Unknown said...

THE DRESSER TURNED OUT BEAUTIFUL! i love your go to color.
lauren

Maureen said...

I love it!

Chrissie said...

So pretty. I love the two tone look!

Kammy's Korner said...

wow! Love how you left not only the top wood, but the mirror frame, too! Wouldn't have thought to do that and it looks great. I'd LOVE it if you'd share this over Kammy's Korner: http://kammyskorner.blogspot.com/2012/01/trash-2-treasure-tuesday-party-17.html

{northern cottage} said...

ohhhh beautiful color - well well done girlie xo

LINKY PARTY NOW OPEN if ya wanna come play!

www.northerncottage.net

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

You've found your color - stick with it! This dresser is a real beauty! And how fun that you made new frends in the process! Thanks so much for joining the party!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

I love it! The color and shape are gorgeous!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

love love love it!! What a beautiful transformation!

Drama Mama Lori said...

Sue, this turned out so beautifully! You really have great pieces! (I check your site all the time for inspiration- but I'm embarrassed to say that I don't think I've ever told you so before!) Anyway, love it! ~Lori

Unknown said...

I love what you did to this dresser. I also enjoyed reading the little blurb about yourself. First off, kudos for being a single Mom to 3 kids.. how do you do it?? I have 3 boys, it's so hard!! Second, I am starting out with the furniture re-do's and other fun projects so thanks for inspiring!

Unknown said...

I just came upon your site and love your work. I am looking to do a dresser almost just like this one and was wondering what color is the blue you used?
Thank you
Vicki

Unknown said...

I just came upon your site and love your work. I am looking to do a dresser almost just like this one and was wondering what color is the blue you used?
Thank you
Vicki