Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Duck Egg

You know what I'm referring to....chalk paint. Well, I held out and didn't buy any. Yes, it was killing me. Instead I waited patiently for Christmas. And what do you know, I received the three that were on my wish list....DE, Old White and Paris Gray. Guess someones been behaving :) I used the OW first and I'll tell ya, wasn't happy with it. It went on very thick and left tons of brush marks.Then I tried the Duck Egg and oh, I love it. I especially love no sanding and priming. This went on smooth and creamy. So what's up with the OW???

Here are my tester projects...
Set of candlesticks which happily sold in a day in my Etsy shop. Maybe Annie is on to something :)
Someone needs new photo props.
Happy flea market find.

And the sea shell props one more time just in case ya missed 'em in the last two pics.

I love this one!!!
I just started a vanity/writing desk in Paris Gray. That one is going on nice too. Maybe I got a bad batch of OW or maybe I should add some water...thoughts???

Linking up here...

com
 


7 comments:

Heidi said...

"Someone needs some new photo props" made ma laugh out loud :) Been there. Anyways, I have old white and it is definitely thicker than the other colors. I just finished painting a chair with it this morning actually! If it left brush strokes try just lightly sanding and that should help. Especially if it went on real thick. I haven't tried watering it down so I can't really help there, but I would think that would work.....?

DIYbyDesign said...

The old white does go own slightly thicker. I don't know why. I use a foam brush with it to help eliminate the brush strokes.

Chrissie said...

You're so funny Sue! I love that shuttered cabinet!

Layn @ reignalayn.blogspot.com said...

I've been having massive issues with Old White. Its chipped and cracked. It thicker and leaves brush marks. The other colors I have haven't done that at all. I'm seriously displeased with Old White.

Love the props though!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Yay! I'm glad you gave the cp a try! Love how everything turned out!

beachcomber said...

i love how you painted and decorated your little cabinet!
new follower.
cheryl x

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Love your cute lil'cabinet :)

Greetings from Australia♥