Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Friends With Benefits

I completely lucked out on Craigslist last week. I picked up two French Provincial sets from the same seller at a crazy low price. Actually I didn't pick them up, would've taken me ten trips. My friend with a box truck did for me. Same friend who owns the box company I use for packing my Etsy stuff. Now that's what I call a friend with benefits.

Here's one set...a Henry Link. The other is similar but doesn't have nightstands.

I just finished the dresser and mirror from the other set. I'm going to break the set up and paint the pieces differently. Seems when I do a full set buyers want just one or two pieces anyway and I get bored doing same old, same old.

The top sanded down 'cause you know I love a stained top.

I mixed up some chalk paint....Aubusson, Graphite, Paris Gray and little Old White and came up with this...

Couldn't attach the mirror because my assistants (daughters) were convenient!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I am off to finish cleaning and then pick up my son at the train station...YAY!

Linking up here..


Elizabeth Nott said...

These look so gorgeous!! You have a real talent :)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a beauty! Love the blue and the gorgeous wood top! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!