Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Vaseline Trick

I love the chippy look of furniture and couldn't wait to try out Kim's vaseline trick. If you aren't familiar w/ Kim, well she does some awesome furniture redo's over at A Brush of Whimsy

I found this awesome dresser at the flea market....$30...cheap finds are my favorite! Some of the casters were missing so I just yanked them all off.

Mixed up some blue paint....really wanted it to be a little grayer but that always seems to happen to me. Primed w/ Kilz spray primer 'cause I'm lazy and just want to get down to painting. I put down the vaseline before I primed and was careful around those areas when I painted. Won't get into a big long explanation of the vaseline trick 'cause Kim has already done that for you. Check her out! Sanded the top down and stained w/ Minwax Dark Walnut.




Linking up here...



 Photobucket


9 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it turned out so awesome, sue! i am going to need to try that vaseline trick at some point!

Felicia said...

Looks fantastic!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

It looks beautiful, Sue! I really love the color and those glass knobs! You were so sweet to mention me. :)

Chrissie said...

Gorgeous! I have to try that vaseline.$30!, you always amaze me with your bargains!

Pretty Unique Furniture said...

It is gorgeous, beautiful legs and handles :)

Anna said...

I have a similar dresser that I use for a tv stand. When I got mine it was already painted a cream color. I love the gray and wood top combo you chose

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Love it! I haven't tried Kim's trick yet...but I SO need to!

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

Sue, your dresser is so beautiful! It is funny because I found this dresser's twin at a yard sale and just finished fixing it up.

Happy 4th of July!

xoxo
Amanda

Blogger said...

QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

Get professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone daily.

Start following our signals NOW and make up to 270% per day.