Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer State of Mind

 I grabbed these at the flea market....priced at 10.00 for the set. I know I have a bad habit of bragging about my cheap finds. Hope ya don't mind. Ya know how some people brag about how pricey their new shoes are. I brag when I find a bargain.
I knew exactly what I was going to do with them.
I used spray primer on them after I washed and sanded them. There was literally bird droppings all over them, nice! Maybe that's why they were so cheap, hmmm. 

Paint them all bright and beachy! Can't you just see these on a porch down the shore? Maybe in Key West? A kids playroom surrounding a big craft table? Kids fighting over which color they get to sit in? OK back to reality :) I will not be happy when I have to part with these.
I love these chairs. Just looking at them makes me happy and reminds me summer is almost here!




I sprayed them with these...quick and simple! 

Happy Memorial Weekend! Hope you all have something fun planned! I will be heading down the shore w/ my girlfriends for a couple of nights and can't wait to sit on the beach, eat, drink and laugh!!!!

 Linking up here...
Photobucket  http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

Unknown said...

A great deal and I love the fun fresh colours. Very summery!

Donene said...

Love, love the colors and what the paint did to those chairs! THanks for visiting and your very nice comments!!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Now don't feel bad about bragging about your awesome deals...I do the same thing...he he! by the way...you got an outstanding deal on these cute chairs.

Blessings,
Linda

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Come on...how cute are these! I love sets like this with all different colored chairs! Love the colors you picked, and what a deal!!!

Unknown said...

It's ok to brag about your bargains. That's what makes it so fun. You feel a little special for snatching up something great. Almost like it was waiting just for you.

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

These are SO cute! I am jealous of your great deal!

Nina Macaulay said...

great I love the summery colours you used :O)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much on the compliments Sue! I'm so glad you like Simone. :) Your chairs are great! I love the paint colors! I wish I had a porch near the beach!

Unknown said...

It‘s wonderful that I found your blog about link at Mustard Seed. I’ve inserted a small stop and like what I see…. ;) Now I’m your new follower!

Have a nice day
Tine

Unknown said...

Love them! Very fun and Floridian!

Cassie Bustamante said...

love these, sue! they make me so happy with their cheerful demeanor!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the chairs with the bright colors and what a steal! Thanks for sharing at WUW.

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

Sue, your chairs are adorable! I love the beachy colors you painted them. I like to hear how much everything costs and I always brag about that on my blog too...haha. I am actually looking for chairs just like this for my deck redo. Hopefully I get lucky too!

xoxo
Amanda

Karen said...

That was a great deal, and you made them look great, love the colors.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh I love them, brag away, who ever thought we would be bragging and it would be cool to find cheep finds LOL! Just when I was going to ask what paints, you showed us!

Carol

Ashleigh@Sincerely said...

What a great find! I love hearing about other peoples great finds...then I know what I'm paying too much! Haha. Beautiful transformations. Thanks for sharing :)

Karena said...

Love, love your site and those chairs turned out great!! Just Perfect!

Be sure to enter my awesome $250 Giveaway from Tracy Porter!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Sarah, Three Boys said...

Oh, I love the colors you picked! So happy:) And what a bargain. I'm like you, I brag about my bargains too.