Monday, June 28, 2010

DIY Jewelry Holder

My youngest daughter just turned 13. She is my partner in haggling at the flea market every weekend. It is a great time we share together. I hunt down china plates and anything that looks interesting to mosaic or paint and she has a love of vintage jewelry. She has collected so many pieces and keeps them in a vintage train case we found, of course, at the flea. They were getting so tangled in there so for her Bday, I decided to paint a canvas that coordinates with her room and added cup hooks along the wood frame to display her finds. I also gave her train case a face lift...gifts of love are the best kind. Don't you think? She was so happy with it and now has a place to show off her finds that is both functional and pretty!

Inspired by her bedroom...

No comments: